Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A Sad End But A New Beginning.

A Sad End...
The Molting Hermit has been pronounced dead as of 0930hrs this morning. The Smell had gotten worse than yesterday.

A New Beginning..
Yesterday.. I bought a new larger tank for the hermits, as well as some coloured sand. YAY!! Unfortunately, I was a tad tired yesterday and bought way.. way.. way.. too little sand.. So ended up I went out to get more today.. Total amount I spent for upgrade has really burnt a hole in my pocket T_T;; 70 Bucks.. 25 for tank 40 for coloured sand and 5 for normal play sand. OUCH!!

I finished putting the tank new tank together and they're already starting to dismantle stuff, messing up the sand, and also running all over the place :) . Seems they like it hehe..

Heres the setup I went through..


Removed the hermits and placed them in a plastic container.

Placed Sand. (from the right..Play sand. Blue Sand, Purple sand, and lastly Multi-coloured sand.) Too bad the Multi-Colored sand can't be seen clearly.

Fixed in all the accessories and such. (Lamp, Aircon, Hygrometer+thermometer, Level 2 Shell Tray, Branches, Glow in the dark Stones, plastic plant, bridge, food and water dish, and the newest addition, peat moss [said to keep the air humid and crabs love it].)
Added Food and Water (From the top, Calci-sand and hermit food, plain water, salt water and lastly flower with abit of calci-sand on top.)
Lastly add the hermits in :), and wrap the top to maintain humidity.
End.

They're running all over the place, snacking on flowers and pushing each other around. I Shifted the hygro and thermometer to the right instead, cos I'm worried they'll climb out.

Btw, While cleaning out the old tank, I found a limb in the sand, I tried looking at the hermits as they walk around. But.. I can't figure out which of them lost that limb.. Oh well.. Hope they'll like their new home :)

No comments: