Sunday, September 21, 2008

My Crabitat After Many Upgrades.

This is my crabitat, gotta say, I'm Rather Proud Of It :p.
It's abit small though, so I'm gonna get a larger one once I have the funds to do so :)


Anywayz, this tank contains the following items from Top Down:
  1. Lamp (Cheap lamp, Gonna get the dayglo lamp one day)
  2. Cooler (Air-Conditioner for the crabs, as Singapore Temperature does go above what I read was optimal for the hermits (approx72-80 F (22-27 degree celcius). I only turn it on when the thermometer says its too hot. e.g 30 degree celcius).
  3. Saran Wrap (Keeps Humidity In)
  4. Hygrometer & Thermometer (2nd upgrade. 1st one was a seperate thermometer and hygrometer, which took up space, and the thermometer kept dropping. Currently upgraded 2 in 1, which is hung instead of using sucker cups. This item allows me to keep track of the hermit's environment).
  5. Tray Full of Shells (Just installed that tray today, As ground level was out of space, got the idea from another website. Just can't remember which.. sorry).
  6. 2 Branches ( 1 to laze around on, or under.. The other acts as a ramp Onto The Tray.)
  7. Fake Plant (My hermits either climb, or hide behind it).
  8. Ceramic Bridge (Popular when added, now mostly ignored by hermits once the first branch was added).
  9. Glow in the dark pebbles (Wanted to add some nice glow to the tank. It was only after adding them, that I realised... They won't glow.. Due to my sis's tank lights being turned on 24/7. DOH!!).
  10. 4 In 1 sauce tray (3rd upgrade. Started from caps, to sauce bowls, to this. The 4 sections nicely allows me to separate a dechlorinated water, salt water, hermit feed, and treats (or Calci-sand for them to eat).
  11. Sand (Generally I try to get as fine a sand as possible, gonna change to the coloured sand the hermit store currently uses soon and see how things go ) ;-p
  12. Glass Tank ( 2nd upgrade. Started from a small plastic tank. Upgraded it when I had my 2nd and 3rd hermit added.)
I give them the above.. And.. They give me..
  1. Many fun and interesting moments. (Gonna share some soon lol)
  2. Destress and even relaxing times.
  3. A hole in my pocket.
  4. Worry that something might go wrong.
  5. And Finally, Tons of poop to clear :)
Still. I love my pets.. Though I never did get around to naming or checking their gender. Think I'll think of some names soon, and leave out their gender :).

No comments: